DJRavine's Codebook:

[ADVERTISEMENT]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
M2 and 3DS Max
04-10-2008, 12:21 AM
M2 and 3DS Max
Hello to all!!!Big Grin

I wanted to ask if exist a script or plug-ins for 3D Studio Max for import and export the m2 files from World of Warcraft... I am triyng to find it with google or yahoo but I haven't find it...
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2008, 08:44 AM
M2 and 3DS Max
No sorry, I dont know any...

Sad
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-11-2008, 03:43 AM
M2 and 3DS Max
i have a few programs for you....let me browse through stuff on my server.... Big Grin

[url=http://profile.xfire.com/aerenda][/url]"There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who dont"
"There are only 10 types of people in this world. Those who know ternary, those who don't and those who confuse it with binary."
04-11-2008, 06:09 AM
M2 and 3DS Max
ok here is for all who want to know.....

now, i have been involved i a lot of things to do with coding, editing, etc...ive worked(still work) for blizzard, activision, take2, vivendi.....

and as such i have picked up a plethora of programs to edit, skew, prod and poke all manner of files (well into the terabytes!! if you need something then ask...) some programs i have reverse engineered to clean them up or work how I want to...some have worked fine, so no change needed.....

i ALWAYS give credit where credit is due, this readme.txt where i got this info from, came from a character named Krazzee, which in turn i believe was supplied to me by a friend at mmowned a while ago, but i have totally revised, re written and cleaned up the structure of the readme and programs/script here, BUT;

CREDITS: Krazzee, mmowned dude, Santa Claus too, cus he dont get enough credit yo......

and now

aeren's guide to working with .m2 files in 3dsmax and converting them back

1. go in to mywarcraftstudio and find the .m2 file and extract it to a folder

2. open 3dsmax, and click on 'MAXscript' , -open script

3.find the 'm2_import.ms' file attached to this post, select it and click open.

4. now find the line that looks like this
-- GLOBALS AND STRUCTURES
--
###########################################
# this is where this script, and the extract directory should be # #located (overwritten by UI) #
##########################################
global basePath = "c:\\3dsmax6\\scripts"

##########################
# model filename (overwritten by UI)#
#########################
global filename = "World\\Generic\\NightElf\\.....m2" <--- you will be changing this path

5. where it says global filename change that path to the extracted .m2 earlier, MUST look like this, and ill be using santaclaus.m2 file located on my c drive in m2 directory

global filename= "c:\\m2\\santaclaus.m2" <---- use quotations and double, thats DOUBLE \\ .......

6. Click on -File, -Evaluate all...... ONCE...really i get this a lot...ONCE,, File -evaluate all...once...

7. Now click open, and where it says model filename, or path in mpq, browse to your .m2 file

8. Now click import (ignore any errors, or if you know how to fix them GREAT, let me know)

9. will probably load really small, so you need to zoom it, for those who do not know it is, "Zoom Extents All Selected", and then edit your file

10. when you are done editing, click -File --export (as a 3ds file)

11. u will need to use dos program (in cmd or however you see fit) 3dstom2.exe (attached to post)

syntax as follows;

3dstomax.exe (location of 3ds file u just saved earlier) (location where you want .m2 file) (object scale, small number small, large number large...duh)

type in as one line with spaces...but not brackets

it should be you now have a new .m2 in the place u just specified...

if you have any trouble with this guide, ask away, msn me or pm me....and ill help asap...

files attached as follows, (and also a WMO file to MAX script converter if you want to make you own maxscripts, or u can just use mine)

Ta

Josh/Aeren

(as always files are hosted on my servers aerenda.com so if you have problems with downloading...let me know)

Files Needed:

The m2_import.ms MAXscript file

The 3ds to m2 EXE File

The WMO to MAXscript Converter

[url=http://profile.xfire.com/aerenda][/url]"There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who dont"
"There are only 10 types of people in this world. Those who know ternary, those who don't and those who confuse it with binary."
04-12-2008, 04:31 AM
M2 and 3DS Max
Thank you!!!!
04-12-2008, 05:19 AM
M2 and 3DS Max
awesome mate.. thanx for the informative post..

[Image: DJRavine_userbar.gif]
[Image: djr_sig.png]
[Image: thedjravine.png]
"In a world of genocide... The pacifist must take control..." - DJRavine
10-01-2008, 04:17 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2008 09:42 AM by »Yama«.)
M2 and 3DS Max
OK you could probably slap me for being nooby but I all is well and I can import the file, now you said it is small but it seems it is not there at all, though there are no errors or whatever??? im baffled lol. I am quite a newbie to 3ds max and know oooooh lets say 1% of any of it lol but i thought I would at least get this right

looking in the listener it states that ... well here is what it says:

Sword_2H_Zulaman_D_01
Verts read: 560
View nind : 560
View ofsind : 28464
View ntris : 1662
View ofsntris : 29584
View nverts: 560
View ofsnverts : 32912
View nsubm : 2
View ntex : 5
Creating mesh...
Creating vertices...
Creating Submesh 1
Creating Submesh 2
#ERROR sm.tris not a multiple of 3!
-- Failed in <Create Mesh>

help???
04-06-2009, 08:38 PM
M2 and 3DS Max
Those three links to the files I need dosn't seem to work Sad. I really wanna learn how to import m2 files to 3ds since i'm working on a machinima atm and I wanna do something special. So my plan is to remake a few things and put them in to model viewer. Please update the links or something, I would be really thankful.
01-22-2010, 04:37 AM
M2 and 3DS Max
hehe i'd like a update of those links aswell thank you!Smile
07-22-2011, 01:54 AM
M2 and 3DS Max
Please can you upload the files:
The 3ds to m2 EXE File
and

they are not working.
The first is not working as well, but I find it here:
http://www.wowmodelviewer.org/index.php?...down&id=19
07-22-2011, 01:56 AM
M2 and 3DS Max
Please can you upload the files:
The 3ds to m2 EXE File
and
they are not working.
The first is not working as well, but I find it here:
http://www.wowmodelviewer.org/index.php?...down&id=19
Than'sSmile)
08-24-2011, 10:07 PM
M2 and 3DS Max
I am trying to find a script(or plug-in) for 3ds max or gmax to export m2 files (animation comprised), or one converter from 3ds to m2 (animation comprised), it exist? If exist please post me a link with him.[Image: wink.png]
08-30-2011, 04:33 PM
M2 and 3DS Max
yes,you are right,thank you!

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Linkedin Technorati Twitter Digg MySpace Delicious